IPI has been performing Carpet Corrective Services for over 15 years. We primarily service a 100-mile radius around the New York City Metro area. On request, we cover up to Boston and down to Washington D.C. See attached map.
The Services we offer:
1) Spray dye blending – corrects color variations that become obvious when joined at seams (side match).
- Field blending will take a minimum of four hours as the dyes are applied in stages.
- The dyes are directed three to four feet outward from the “lighter side” of the seam in a decreasing concentration.
- The dyes instantly form a chemical bond with the fiber.
- The process has virtually no odor.
- This procedure can be done in a furnished office environment.
2) Tile Back Bending – Process includes: pick-up existing tile, run through bending machine, re-glue and reinstall. Office furniture “lift” system when appropriate. Process will improve backing stability.
3) Tile Steaming and Brushing - procedures to improve a “tile apparent” situation.
4) Steam finishing – corrects pile crushing, pile reversal and compressed band lines. We introduce a safe, live steam temperature (200 – 220 degrees) with a 3-foot square steam head that will relax the yarn and enable us to re-orient the pile direction. This is followed by grooming the pile. (This procedure cannot permanently correct “watermarking”)
5) Micro Shearing – Required when a tip shear product shows a texture inconsistency appearing at the seam due to shearing differences. This can be remedied by random shearing a few feet outward from the seam. The outcome is to visually blend the cut and loop texture.